Gavin Cecchini 2

Gavin Cecchini (c) Pat Sanchez

The New York Mets have Gavin Cecchini from the Las Vegas 51s to the New York Mets, adding another name to the ever growing list of Brooklyn Cyclones to appear in a Major League game.

Gavin was the New York Mets 1st Round pick in the 2012 MLB Draft. He was selected 12th overall from Alfred M. Barbe High School in Lake Charles, LA.

Cecchini signed and began the 2012 season with the Kingsport Mets, before spending the remaining six games with the Brooklyn Cyclones. In 5 at bats, he went 0-for-2 with a strikeout and two runs scored.

Gavin began the 2013 season with Brooklyn and appeared in 51 games, hitting .273 with 8 doubles and 14 RBIs.

He split the 2014 season between the Savannah Sand Gnats & St. Lucie Mets. He finished the season in Binghamton for a game before spending 2015 in Binghamton. Gavin moved up to Las Vegas this season, where he was hitting .324 with 27 doubles, 8 homers, 54 RBIs & score 70 runs.

Gavin Cecchini will be the 62nd member of the Brooklyn Cyclones to play in the Major Leagues. He will be the 42nd to make his debut with the New York Mets and 43rd to play for the Mets.

Gavin is the 6th member of the 2013 team to make it to the Majors, joining teammates Dario Alvarez, Akeel Morris, John Gant, Seth Lugo, & Robert Gsellman all of whom made their debuts with the Mets.

  1. Samantha Smith says:

    Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. Ill make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

    Like

  2. […] be the 62nd or 63rd member of the Brooklyn Cyclones to make it to the Majors, depending on when Gavin Cecchini appears in a […]

    Liked by 1 person

  3. […] While it was another letdown of a season on the field, I am happy to say that during the season, the site surpassed all visitor records set in all of 2015. On a slow day during the season, the site would get roughly 1,000 readers. On a busy day, we hit 3,000 a few times. And yesterday, just under 4,000, thanks to Gavin Cecchini. […]