Matt Koch

Matt Koch (c) MLB.com

The Arizona Diamondbacks have called up former Brooklyn Cyclones reliever Matt Koch to the Major Leagues.

Koch was first drafted by the the Boston Red Sox in the 37th round of the 2009 MLB Draft from Washington High School in Cherokee, IA. He turned down the offered and played college baseball. He was later drafted by the New York Mets in the 3rd round of the 2012 MLB Draft from University of Louisville Cardinals

Koch spent the 2012 season in Brooklyn and appeared in 13 games, including 2 starts, going 0-2. In 23,1 innings pitched, he allowed 25 hits, and 13 earned runs, posting an ERA of 5.01.

He worked his way up the Mets ladder the next few seasons. Matt pitched for the Savannah Sand Gnats in 2013, the St. Lucie Mets in 2014 & the Binghamton Mets in 2015. Late in the season, Koch, along with Miller Diaz, were traded to the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for RHP Addison Reed.

Reed would be a vital part of the Mets run to the 2015 World Series.

When he plays in a Major League game, he will either be the 62nd or 63rd member of the Brooklyn Cyclones to make it to the Majors, depending on when Gavin Cecchini appears in a game.

Koch is the 6th member of the 2012 Brooklyn Cyclones to make it to the Majors. He joins Kevin Plawecki, Matt Bowman, Luis Cessa, Hansel Robles, Brandon Nimmo & Gabriel Ynoa.