South FerryThe MTA has announced that effective November 6th / 7th, R trains will see an extension of overnight service.

Instead of running as a shuttle between Bay Ridge – 95th Street and 36th Street, trains will be extended to in Lower Manhattan.

This will now make getting home from Staten Island Yankees (or whatever they will be called) games easier, as fans will now have both the N and R trains serving the station. This will cut down on wait times in between departures back to Brooklyn.

There will also be other changes to get used to in the new service patterns.

The W is returning to service, running in between Astoria and Lower Manhattan. The Q will no longer run to Queens. Mets fans who use the convenient cross-platform transfer between the Q & 7 at Queensboro Plaza will no longer be able to, as only the N & W will serve that station.

The N train will now run express in Manhattan, making it easier for those few Cyclones fans who live in Astoria. Fans who use the R to get to the Staten Island Ferry will also be able to use the W to get to Whitehall Street – South Ferry when going to Richmond County Bank Ballpark.