qmeme_1477696236870_91During the 2016 baseball season, I managed to break last season’s record of going to 83 games by attending 88 games this season, with 62 of them being played at MCU Park. Along the way, I also went to 5 ballparks I had never been to before.

So, after going through all my scorecards, reading thru the hundreds of innings of baseball I watched this season, I am listing the top 10 memories of the 2016 season.

Last week we covered #6 & #7. The week before that were numbers 8 through 10. This week we look at #5: ROAD TRIP!

5: Overnight Road Trip to Hudson Valley (7/17 & 7/18)

When the 2016 New York – Penn League came out last November, I noticed that the Brooklyn Cyclones and Hudson Valley Renegades would not be playing the home-and-home series this season. I also noticed that the Cyclones would be in Hudson Valley on a Sunday, perfect for a few fans to make the trip up to Hudson Valley. When the Renegades eventually released their start times for home games, Sunday’s game was called for 5:05 PM and Monday had an 11:05 AM game for Camp Day.

So, I planned an overnight & booked a motel room in nearby Fishkill for an overnight trip. As the game neared, other fans planned on going staying overnight as well, including Robert Bloom, David “the Wolf” Pecoraro, as well as Pat & Hernan Sanchez, who went to Binghamton right after that. Other fans made plans to come up for one of the two games. Billy Bryk Jr. and some of the players made sure to leave tickets for us and we had about 16 tickets for each game.

As for the games, the Cyclones were held to 2 hits on Sunday, but had a great win on Monday, ending a great road trip.

Despite Monday’s game being a real scorcher, with the weather in the 90s and no shade at all in Dutchess Stadium, we all had a good time during the Cyclones 6-2 win, I caught a foul ball on my way back from the water fountain, got a foul ball from a player and a ball from Billy Bryk.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

NEXT WEEK: #3 & #4: Cheering on Team Israel

  1. […] me tickets, had retired. But, as we riding the bus, Pat Sanchez, who went to Binghamton right after the Hudson Valley trip, sent me a message, telling me she got 8 free tickets from us Rainy Lara & Matt Oberste and […]