Farewell BoltsA source within the now-defunct Fall Experimental Football League has informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter that Brian Woods, who served as Commissioner of the FXFL during its two year run, is exploring the possibility of moving the Brooklyn Bolts and/or Blacktips to other football leagues.

One league being considered by Woods is the struggling Arena Football League, which is now down to just 5 teams. However, Woods is considering multiple leagues and venues throughout the country.

The source also stated that it is unknown if the Bolts would consider remaining Brooklyn by playing at Barclays Center.

To help keep some initial costs relativity low, Woods would be able to reuse a lot of equipment from the FXFL, such as padding, training equipment and more. The jerseys from the 2015 FXFL season can be used for an Arena Football Team, as the Bolts jerseys do not have “Brooklyn” written on them. The Blacktips jerseys do not have a city name on them, as the team was a road team. The is no FXFL logo on any of the 2015 jerseys either, which would allow for AFL logos to be put on. The helmets all have a FXFL logo on the back, but the decals are removable.

The New York City area has not had an Arena Football League team since the New York Dragons, who played in the Nassau Coliseum, folded after the 2008 season.