milb-mets-2017The new year is just 11 days away, so it’s time to see where things stand with the Mets minor league affiliates throughout the country.

We’ll start off the most local of affiliates, with the Brooklyn Cyclones, who will have at least three new faces in the dugout next season. Tom Gamboa has retired from Managing, so we will have the 11th Manager in Cyclones history. Trainer Gavin Grosh & Strength Coach Joe Lego are no longer with the Mets. Sean Ratliff could be back to lead the Cyclones to another horrific offensive season. No word yet on Billy Bryk Jr.’s future with the Mets.

Las Vegas 51s

With Wally Backman let go, the New York Mets promoted Pedro Lopez from the Binghamton Mets to the Las Vegas 51s. The 2009 Cyclones manager joins Pitching Coach Frank Viola, a 2011 Cyclone, and is reunited with his Hitting Coach Jack Voigt. Deb Iwanow, who spent two seasons in Brookyln, will remain the Athletic Trainer.

Binghamton Rumble Ponies

With a new team name comes a new manager in Luis Rojas. Rojas spent 2015 & 2016 with St. Lucie. He will join Pitching Coach Glenn Abbott & Hitting Coach Luis Natera.

St. Lucie Mets

No announcement has been made yet. Rojas has been promoted up to AA. Valentino Pascucci was Hitting Coach last season with Marc Valdes, who coached in Brooklyn in 2012 & 2013 as the Pitching Coach.

Columbia Fireflies

The coaching staff of Manager Jose Leger, Pitching Coach Jonathan Hurst, & Hitting Coach Joel Fuentes (a Cyclones Coach in 2009-10) will be returning. Kiyoshi Tada will serve as Athletic Trainer, a role he served in 2011, 2014 & 2015 with the Cyclones.

Kingsport Mets, GCL Mets & DSL Mets 1 & 2

No announcements have been made on any of the 4 teams.