Mark Fratto (c) Pat Sanchez

Mark Fratto has informed Brooklyn Baseball Banter that we will be continuing as PA Announcer of the Brooklyn Cyclones in 2017. This will be Fratto’s 7th full season as MCU Park’s Public Address Announcer, and 9th overall.

Mark Fratto moved from backup announcer to the main announcer halfway through the 2010 season, when “Announcer Guy” Dave Freeman became an Official MLB Scorer.

In addition to announcing the Cyclones, Fratto served as announcer for other MCU Park events, including the 2014 Big East Tournament, the Brooklyn Bolts, & the WBC in September 2016.

Fratto is also the PA Announcer for the Westchester Knicks, NYC FC, and Sky Blue FC. He also occasionally announces games at Madison Square Garden for the NY Knicks, Liberty, & St. John’s Red Storm. When not calling those teams, he is running his production company, Linacre Media.

In addition to announcing team sports, Fratto has served as a ring announcer for a number of boxing matches, making his debut at Brooklyn Brawl, which took place at MCU Park on August 25th 2015. Many of the boxing matches he announces air on HBO & Showtime.