Gary Cornish (c) Pat Sanchez

ESPN’s Adam Rubin has reported that Gary Cornish, who made 14 relief appearances for the Brooklyn Cyclones in 2016, has been suspended 50 games for testing positive for amphetamines.

The Mets drafted Cornish in the 19th round of the 2016 MLB Draft from University of San Diego.

Once he signed, Cornish was sent to Brooklyn where he appeared in 14 games out of the bullpen, finishing 7 games, with 3 saves. In 25 innings pitched, he allowed 24 hits, 6 earned runs, walked 3 batters and struck out 44 of the 100 batters he faced, good enough for an impressive ERA of 2.16.