Brooklyn Baseball Banter BBBIn exactly 40 days, the Baruch College Bearcats will take the field at MCU Park, ushering in the 17th season of baseball in Coney Island.

So, now is the perfect time to unveil my scorecard for the 2017 baseball season, as I need to go to a printing place to purchase a new scorebook for the upcoming season.

The 2017 Edition of the Brooklyn Baseball Banter Scorecard, which is based off the popular Vertical Scorecard by Andrew McGovern, but redesigned by me for the avid scorer that I am, sees some minor changes from the 2016 edition.

2017 Brooklyn Baseball Banter Scorecard (PDF)

BATTERS AREA: Only a small change to this area, as I have added Game Totals for the team batting stats. Everything else remains the same: 9 batters, 2 subs per batter, & 10 innings. Batting boxes allow for pitch count, a rectangle for RBIs and an oval for OUT MADE.

INNING SUMMARY AREA: This area has been totally reorganized. Line 1 still has Runs & Unearned Runs. Line 2 now combines Hits & Errors. Line 3 is now for Runners Left on Base & Runners Left in Scoring Position. There is a 4th line which now allows you mark off where the runners were left.

PITCHING AREA: It remains the same in terms of space for 9 pitchers. The bottom line is now for game totals for the pitching staff.

GAME SUMMARY AREA: This area has been greatly rearranged. The umpires are now on the far left of the page. The team totals (2B, 3B, HR etc) remains roughly the same. The Catcher’s Stats are now all in one place, as I realized it was unnecessary for all those stats to be spread out. Below it is a new section for Ejections. Simply list the player in the 1st Box, & in the 2nd Box, list the position of the umpire ejecting the players & when it occurred. The Note Box & Defensive Alignment remain the same.

As many people who score baseball games know, just because the scorecard has room for it, you are not obligated to fill in every stat possible. You can choose how much, or how little to fill out.

For previous editions, CLICK HERE