BaruchIn just a mere fortnight, baseball will finally return to MCU Park after 5 long months.

The Baruch College Bearcats will open the college baseball season on Saturday, February 25th with a doubleheader against the SUNY – Old Westbury Panthers. First pitch for the first game will be at 12 PM with the 2nd game starting roughly half an hour after the first.

The AccuWeather forecast currently calls for February 25th to be in the mid-50s with no rain, perfect weather for spring baseball.

Should the weather forecast hold for that day, this will give fans in the NYC area a rare chance to see a baseball game in February. Many fans have gone to games in 9 months of the year (March thru November), and this will permit them to make it 10 months.

It is also one of the few times MCU Park has hosted college baseball in February, as it seldom had games that early in the spring when there was actual grass on the field. The artificial FieldTurf allows for many more games.

Baruch Head Coach Jose Torres said he hopes a number of Brooklyn Cyclones fans will make the trip to Coney Island to see the games.