CollegeExactly 5 months to the day since Team Israel won the Qualifying game of the final World Baseball Classic Qualifier, baseball will finally be returning to MCU Park.

On Saturday, the Baruch College Bearcats will face off against the SUNY – Old Westbury Panthers to open the season. This will also be a chance for a rare February baseball game in New York City.

The opening game of the doubleheader will start at 12:00 PM, with the second game scheduled for 3:00 PM. Admission to the games are free, with gates opening around 11:30 AM.

The weather forecast does call for some rain, but forecasts can change.

To stay up to date, check the Baruch Athletic Website, Twitter & Facebook. Updates will also be available on Brooklyn Baseball Banter’s Twitter & in REAL BKLYN CYCLONES FANS

TRAVEL ADVISORIES

D Train

TO & FROM GAME: Due to major weekend work, the D & F are both affected.

The D will run via the A between 145th Street & Jay St – MetroTech, before running via the F to Coney Island.

In addition, Coney Island-bound platforms at Ave I, Bay Pkwy, Ave N, Ave P, Ave U & Ave X are closed for renovations. If you need one of these bypassed stops, take a Manhattan Bound D Train to Kings Hwy, or Neptune Ave for Coney Island-bound service. Consider using the B68 Bus or the Q Train

F Train

TO & FROM GAME: The F will run via the Q south of Lexington Ave / 63rd St to Canal St.

After crossing the Manhattan Bridge, the F will run via the D to Coney Island from Atlantic Ave to Coney Island.

N Train

TO & FROM GAME: N trains run locally via the R between Canal St & 59th St.

FROM GAME: Manhattan-bound platforms at 86th St, Ave U, Kings Hwy, 20th Ave, 18th Ave, New Utrecht Ave, & Fort Hamilton Pkwy, are closed for renovation. To access these stations, take the N to Bay Pkwy, or 8th Ave for Coney Island-bound service. For New Utrecht Av-62 St, take the F instead.