To the longtime & loyal readers of Brooklyn Baseball Banter,

It is with a heavy heart that I announce today that I will not be covering the Brooklyn Cyclones for the upcoming 2017 season.

Between my two new jobs, and the fact I will miss a portion of the upcoming Cyclones season, I would be unable to properly cover the team like I have done the last three seasons. The possibility of returning in 2018 or beyond will remain a possibility.

I will continue to post some updates on what games are happening at MCU Park & what giveaways the Cyclones will have, and will continue to cover Team Israel through the rest of the World Baseball Classic, but that is about it.

As I embark on this new chapter of my life, I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who came to this site, whether it was on a daily or weekly basis.

And I also want to also thank all those who helped, such as Cliff Zeman, David Pecoraro, Gary McDonald, Rob Weiner, Robert Weiss, Howie Kaplan & more. The biggest thank you goes to the head photographer of Brooklyn Baseball Banter: Pat Sanchez.

As I wrote after the season in September:

It is so hard to find all the right words to show how much I appreciate the help Pat Sanchez has been this season as the photographer for Brooklyn Baseball Banter.

This season, Pat has gone above & beyond with her photography. Pat managed to get so many great pictures of every guy who played for the Cyclones this season, I always have to decide which to use in my postings.

Thanks to her fabulous pictures, more people visited the site than ever before. People who have been reading for years have said to me how much better the site is with all her amazing pictures.

When I needed pictures of guys celebrating a walkoff win, or wearing the special event jerseys, she would send them to me as soon as she could, usually between 1-3am, so they would be included in a post-game report the next morning.

Going forward, this site will remain up for those who want to read the old articles, plus, as I mentioned, I will post a few things about upcoming college games & promos.

As for Brooklyn Cyclones home games, I will still be there as much as possible in Section 16 Row A, being the Super Fan who scores games & plays a cowbell while wearing a Cyclones coaching helmet.

I will still be an running things in the popular Facebook Group REAL BKLYN CYCLONES FANS, giving people answers and discussing the Cyclones. I will still run the Boardwalk Battalion with Sam Williams & Gary McDonald.

It has been a tremendous honor to cover this team for the best fan-base in MiLB. Thank you all for the support.

Daniel Weiss