Relay for Life at MCU Park Launches for 2017

relay-logo

Relay for Life @ MCU Park Logo

Earlier today, Relay for Life @ MCU Park began its planning for the 2017 Relay. Relay for Life, which is a fundraising event run by the American Cancer Society, helps those with any form of cancer.

Relay for Life Events generally consist of a Survivor Dinner, Survivor Lap (the Relay itself), a Luminaria Ceremony to remember those who have lose their lives to cancer. There is also a “Fight Back” Ceremony, in which participants pledge to take specific actions against cancer.

These events conclude with a Closing Ceremony, where those excelled in the Relay event are generally given awards for all their hard work.

Continue reading

Cowbell Guy’s Top 10 Baseball Games of 2016: #1

qmeme_1477696236870_91During the 2016 baseball season, I managed to break last season’s record of going to 83 games by attending 88 games this season, with 62 of them being played at MCU Park. Along the way, I also went to 5 ballparks I had never been to before.

Without question, Israel winning the World Baseball Classic Qualifier on my 25th birthday was one of the greatest moments of the season. & one of the greatest games I saw in 2016.

When it was announced last winter that MCU Park would play host to one of the World Baseball Classic Qualifiers, that Team Israel was participating and that it would take place from September 22nd to 25th, I said to my father “Israel winning the Qualifier would be a hell of a birthday gift.”

Continue reading

Cowbell Guy’s Top 10 Baseball Games of 2016: The Games That Just Missed Out

qmeme_1477696236870_91Before I reveal number one to my list of the Top 10 games I attended during the 2016 season, I will list the games that just missed being on the list.

There were a quite few other games I strongly considered putting on the list, but ultimately did not. This was usually due to varying factors. While the game is usually the real reason, I do look at other factors which can affect my enjoyment of the game. Also, when attending so many games, some do not stand out as much as others.

Continue reading

Tom Gamboa To Remain Israeli Bench Coach

tom-gamboa-israel

Tom Gamboa (c) Daniel Weiss

Earlier today, the Israel Association of Baseball announced the coaching staff for Team Israel at the 2017 World Baseball Classic.

Jerry Weinstein will continue as the Manager of Team Israel, thanks to his great work in helping Team Israel win their first qualifier ever.

Remaining on Weinstein’s staff as his right hand man will be former Brooklyn Cyclones Manager Tom Gamboa, serving as the Bench Coach.

Also remaining on the coaching staff will be former Texas Rangers & Cincinnati Reds Manager Jerry Narron, who will serve as 3B Coach. Nate Fish will serve as 1B Coach, Former MLB Pitcher Andrew Lorraine will continue as Pitching Coach with Alon Leichman as bullpen coach.

Continue reading

Improving STH Perks: Part 3

Rob Weiner Batting PracticeTwo of the many great perks Season Ticket Holders for the Brooklyn Cyclones get to enjoy are a Barbecue with the players and the ability to take Batting Practice on the field of MCU Park.

However, it can be hard to enjoy both of these events. In many seasons, including the 2016 season, both events occurred simultaneously.

Many factors go in to choosing when to hold these events. The team need to make sure of the following things.

Continue reading

Cowbell Guy’s Top 10 Baseball Games of 2016: #2

qmeme_1477696236870_91During the 2016 baseball season, I managed to break last season’s record of going to 83 games by attending 88 games this season, with 62 of them being played at MCU Park. Along the way, I also went to 5 ballparks I had never been to before.

So, after going through all my scorecards, reading thru the hundreds of innings of baseball I watched this season, I am listing the top 10 memories of the 2016 season.

We have already done most of the list, so we hit the penultimate one, #2: The $4 Road Trip.

Continue reading

Discounts Announced for Black Friday Sales

teamstoresaleOnce again, the Holiday Season is upon as, as we are just days away from Thanksgiving & Black Friday.

One of the greatest things about being a Brooklyn Cyclones fans is getting Cyclones apparel and items for a significant discount this time of year.

In the spirit of the holidays, Paul, who manages the Brooklyn Cyclones Team Store, has given Brooklyn Baseball Banter an early release the following discounts & promotions for the 2016 Holiday Seasons.

Continue reading

Cowbell Guy’s Top 10 Baseball Games of 2016: #3 & #4

qmeme_1477696236870_91During the 2016 baseball season, I managed to break last season’s record of going to 83 games by attending 88 games this season, with 62 of them being played at MCU Park. Along the way, I also went to 5 ballparks I had never been to before.

So, after going through all my scorecards, reading thru the hundreds of innings of baseball I watched this season, I am listing the top 10 memories of the 2016 season.

We have already done more than half, so we continue this week with #3 & #4: Team Israel comes to MCU Park.

Continue reading